I don’t care what anyone says but size does matter and so does the length of the veil. The longer the more formal. So perhaps instead the universal “black tie attire” footnote on the invite for a formal wedding – it could say “bride will be wearing 126 inch veil”. From the playful birdcage veil to the cathedral style there’s a little tulle for everyone.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the lengths.
And of course there is the Birdcage style
There seems to be a number of names for the same veils – here’s some quick measurements.
- Flyaway/Madonna Veil 18 – 27 inches
- Elbow Veil 28 – 36 inches
- Fingertip Veil 36 – 50 inches
- Ballet/Waltz Veil 54 – 60 inches
- Chapel Veil 90 inches (dependent on brides height of course)
- Cathedral Veil 126 inches (dependent on brides height of course)
There is no shortage of information or images of veils online so I’m not even going to try to add to it. But I will put show you a few images that make me smile.
Do you have any fun bridal veil images or stories to share?